For people that do not speak the language, English is a myriad of complex nuances. If you speak the language then everything will come naturally. This article looks at some of the ways in which you can master English.
How to master the English language?
There is no point in studying English from a theoretical point of view alone. This is a living language that requires practical application. You need to ensure that you translate your mother-tongue into English at every opportunity. That will give you a chance to practice some of the simple structures that you have learned in class.
In addition you need to consider the following things
1. Do not get caught up in nuances: You will only become nuanced when you are at the top of the game in the language. There are certain ironic facets to the language which you will never grasp. The language is vast and therefore you should start with the direct elements. If you later feel confident enough, then you can tackle complexities such as irony and understatement.
2. Movies and cartoons are your friends: The Swedish model has been very successful in teaching the language due to the translated films on national television. You can buy English movies and cartoons with subtitles. You will learn how to pronounce the sounds correctly. The meaning will get to you in due course. At the same time you will fun while learning the language.
3. Reading: There are some really brilliant novels with varying levels of complexity. You do not have to stick to the classics or else you might end up talking like Charles Dickens. Look out for the dialogue and read out aloud. If you find a word that is beyond your skills then you should use the thesaurus. You will build a formidable vocabulary that will help you in the advanced stages of your learning process.
4. Have some group discussions: When you share information and challenges, it is likely that you will learn more about the Language that you are trying to study. Make sure that you join a group that is interested in languages so that you can attend their discussions. You will pick up interesting tips along the way. Mistakes are common and you should not be embarrassed about them.
5. Look at meaning before grammar: English grammar is very complex especially if you come from the Latin tradition. First ensure that you have a grip on the meaning before you worry about the dimensions of the grammar. You can get very frustrated if you are always worried about grammar instead of meaning. At the same time you should try to learn the language correctly. Some dialects are just not acceptable in a business context.
Although a blatantly formidable language, English can be conquered if you are systematic in your approach. Make sure that you make friends with English speakers so that they can help you learn how to use the practical elements of the language. You might also take the opportunity to visit England.